Rapscallion is proud to name AccesSportAmerica as the charity beneficiary of our inaugural Running Into Summer 5K held in Acton, MA on May 22, 2022. Raps fully supports the mission and work of AccesSportAmerica and is looking forward to this incredible event.
The mission of AccesSportAmerica is to inspire higher function and fitness for children and adults living with challenges and disabilities through high-challenge sports and training.
Innovative and effective, AccesSport’s year-round sports and training programs are designed to promote each person’s highest physical and athletic potential while cultivating cognitive, social, and emotional well-being.
AccesSport seeks to:
- Adapt sports that the most agile athletes find challenging.
- Foster a positive change in attitude, esteem, and expectation for a life lived with disability.
- Build a community of relationships that lasts a lifetime — a community where differences are diminished, blurred, and often erased.
- Strengthen endurance and decision-making skills while building confidence and self-assurance.
- Expand opportunities by modeling the process of seeking and achieving hard-to-reach accomplishments.
- Experience a sense of unparalleled accomplishment through mastery of balance, coordination, and fear.
- Improve health and fitness, reducing the prevalence of obesity and associated health-related conditions and costs.
Learn more about AccesSportAmerica on their website at goaccess.org.